May's New Items PLUS Recipe!
As spring brings new items into season, we bring them to our stand. This month you can find mint tea in addition to a wide variety of herbs at our market stand. We also have our own fresh, organic asparagus and rhubarb.
Rosy Rhubarb Salad
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1 in. pieces)
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 package (3 oz.) raspberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup diced peeled apples
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a medium saucepan, cook and stir rhubarb and sugar over medium-low heat until rhubarb is soft and tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in pineapple and lemon juices.
- Chill until partially set.
- Stir in apples, celery, and pecans.
- Pour into a 4 1/2 cup mold or glass bowl.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
Yield: 8 servings